Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally mounted the Kuryakyn highway pegs given to me by a friend that he couldn't use on his HD. Started with a set of SW Motech crash bars (Very easy to mount, btw). Rivco bar clamps 7/8" in black mounted on the lowest bar. Chrome Kuryakyn pegs scuffed then painted black epoxy. To make the pegs work with the clamps I had to fab some spacers out of 1" black steel pipe (painted black epoxy) and shim the space between the bolt and inside of the pipe to keep the pegs from moving around. You can make them longer than shown in the photos but I want the pegs folding close to the crash bars. I had to grind down the inside of the pipe to fit over the end of the peg hinge. It's slightly smaller in diameter. The SS allen cap screw is drilled and tapped through both the clamp and the crash bars to keep the pegs from turning. After a few test rides, the pegs as shown in the photos are too high so I rotated the clamps so the pegs are below the bottom crash bar and it brings them down so they are even with the regular foot pegs making a very comfortable ride.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts