Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I might find Highway pegs/Case guards for Versys 08, and also, I moved from a KLR to the Versys, does anyone find the seat/riding position a whole lot different and hard to get used too? I am 6'3" . Thanks

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
And, BTW, I did a thorough crash test with the H&B, they passed with flying colors.

Vice/mole grips are to rest my leg on, ER strapped it up so it wouldn't bend far enough back to get on the regular peg. BUT, bike was totally untouched.

Machog

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm 6'3" also and I put the SWMotech bars on mine. Fixing to put some highway pegs from Twistedthrottle on them.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I just put on a set of Hepco-Becker bars and they are a piece of cake to put on. I think the instructions had five steps and all of the parts fit perfectly. Also they are connected in the front. The only thing I don't like about the Motech bars is that they don't connect in the front, but it sounds like they are a pain to install too. It looks like the Motech bars come down further, near the foot pegs and rear brake pedal.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the Hepco bars but now that I've seen the Motech ones I would probably go with them. Reason is the upper rear of the Motech clamps on the frame tube vs the screw for the frame cover. That cover will be hard to get off without taking the Hepco bars off.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I noticed that when I was installing them....can't wait to have to remove any of those covers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You first 56!!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
it doesn't appear to be too bad if you have the right tools. They went on easy enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
that long threaded rod was short and required modifications to the sleaves to make it work.Yes I have the right tools.Just would have appreciated a 1/4" more play with the threaded rod. It should not have been that difficult.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.