Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of 8-7-11 a Versys has now been ridden on the highest road in California, the last and highest 18 miles are dirt. What makes it extremely dramatic is the road is 8,000 feet above the valley floor with the equally high eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada on the other side.

PS: If someone has ridden it already post up and I'll revise the date.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
As of 8-7-11 a Versys has now been ridden on the highest road in California, the last and highest 18 miles is dirt. What makes it extremely dramatic is the road is 8,000 feet above the valley floor with the equally high eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada on the other side.
:cool:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
After a 650 mile two day trip the bike and OEM tires have 7.3k on them. Riding the unpaved portion the tires performed fine in staight-a-ways and didn't take chances in the turns. Started to feel the front coming out from under me so I rode just under that condition. The unpaved road is drivable in a small sedan. I would recomend the destination to anyone interested.

Thanks for the report, rugged looking terrain. Any issues with your tires?
:)

·
Registered
351 Posts
After a 650 mile two day trip the bike and OEM tires have 7.3k on them. Riding the unpaved portion the tires performed fine in staight-a-ways and didn't take chances in the turns. Started to feel the front coming out from under me so I rode just under that condition. The unpaved road is drivable in a small sedan. I would recomend the destination to anyone interested.
Wish you would have invited me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts