Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Speedy lowering link that lowers the rear by 47mm
I want 35 - 41mm

Has anyone seen a "higher" lowering link before I go out and make one as Speedy only has the one model

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have the motowerks version (speedy?) And it is a very compact little part. I really don't see where they could shave off an extra half inch. If you find one it would be interesting to see how they do it..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
603 Posts
Use an AirHawk R seat cushion. It will raise the seat about half an inch (12 mm), increase comfort, and is easily removed when not needed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Did you try asking speedy? Here or at motowerks.

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
I want the bike to sit higher not lower.
Apparently someone makes a lowering rear spring for the V. How about getting one of those, then taking the MotoWerk lowering link OFF...? Might be just what you need.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It is a performance and handling issue with my shorter ZX6R forks so a seat is not the solution. My rear is 6mm lower than the front and I want it equal or preferably higher

In any case on a stock Versys the Speedy link drops the rear further than the front can be lowered thereby affecting the trail. Trail is probably the most important factor in frame design and I question if having the rear 20-25mm lower than the front is the optimal solution for lowering. On a stock Versys a link equal to the front drop amount is best for handling
Before the flaming starts and "I found it better" or "I found no difference" replies start flowing, think about the engineering principles involved first before confessing that your butt is not sensitive enough to tell the difference.

Having said that both ends should be lowered equally, a discerning rider would like the Versys with a higher rear to quicken turn in and reduce understeer. Most would not notice

I have a custom spring to suit my weight and riding style, and not in a rush to buy another

Already asked Motorwerk and the answer is no. I could make my own and that is the last choice
Only if that R-1 shock was length adjustable!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Apparently someone makes a lowering rear spring for the V. How about getting one of those, then taking the MotoWerk lowering link OFF...? Might be just what you need.
I was sorta thinking along those lines as well. Not that the lowering link makes it too low for me, but I'd like the suspension travel back...

Hyperpro makes the lowering springs for front and rear. Says it lowers it an inch. Which may not be low enough for me...

·
Registered
873 Posts
I want the bike to sit higher not lower.
Exactly, so the part would need to be smaller to put the end of the shock closer to the original position. Maybe the one you're familiar with is a different configuration then mine, but by raising the end of shock it lowered the back end. it rides nice but I don't think I like the way the bike looks now. I'm out of town this week but I will post a pic for you of my setup when I get back home.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've seen a 25 mm lowering link on Ebay. Looks like European manufactured.
25mm would be better from a geometry point of view for a stock bike,
IIRC the front can only be moved up in the yokes 20-22mm??

not ideal but better than 47mm

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exactly, so the part would need to be smaller to put the end of the shock closer to the original position. Maybe the one you're familiar with is a different configuration then mine, but by raising the end of shock it lowered the back end. it rides nice but I don't think I like the way the bike looks now. I'm out of town this week but I will post a pic for you of my setup when I get back home.

Once again I am confused and now see your point

1 - 16 of 16 Posts