Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I dont know if anyone else has heard a very high pitch electrical noise when the key is to the "on" position , like a relay humming away, and after when the bike has been running, you can barely hear it but its there...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah I get that when I turn the key to the "On" position. I've never noticed it while the bike was running, but I'll keep an ear out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fuel injection starting? My ST 1300 did this everytime and thats what it was oon that bike. I guess I haven't had the Versys long enough to pay attention yet.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
oh I dont think its my fuel injectors ... I know what you mean by that... maybe I ll take it for a big rip tonight and see if it keeps doing it after a half hour

·
Registered
137 Posts
Fuel pump noise should quit after a few seconds.. at least mine does.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I went for a ride , the noise stop after about 5-10 mins of riding

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know what sound your taking about.
Its not the sound that lasts for just a few seconds when also the RPM arrow goes up and down but another higher pitch and more silent sound.

Its a sound like some TV sets made in the old days and you must be a kid to hear.
I can hear it if i stop and the engine is on idle, no matter if i have been riding for hours the sound is there.
Its annoying imo and if you cant hear it, maybe its because you should clean you hears :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no the noise was there I heard it after a hours ride ,I m taking it in a new bike should not have a relay issue if its a relay sticking or the fuel pump, (both would suck if it ment me getting stranded somewhere). besides Warranty,warranty,warranty ... that should cover my bike

·
Registered
130 Posts
Fuel pump noise should quit after a few seconds.. at least mine does.
I know what you're talking about when you first turn the key and hear the whine of the fuel pump and a series of clicks. But when the engine is being started, the fuel pump will kick in again - and the fuel pump will run anytime the engine is running, too.

It's hard to hear over the engine idling - and nearly impossible going down the road, but should still be there if you listen closely or have super sensitive "dog" ears.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Occasionally my Versys does this too....just a shot in the dark, but mine turned out to be the fuel tank purging air when the fuel got hot, and the purge valve wasn't functioning properly. Took it to the dealer, they fixed it....problem solved. Told me the seal was faulty......might be your problem?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Occasionally my Versys does this too....just a shot in the dark, but mine turned out to be the fuel tank purging air when the fuel got hot, and the purge valve wasn't functioning properly. Took it to the dealer, they fixed it....problem solved. Told me the seal was faulty......might be your problem?

You stole my thunder Rage. Thats what it sounds like to me. Your fuel cap is venting xprovince. Next time you hear it, open your tank and hopefully it stops.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Never noticed it before today. Air temp 28 degrees C.

My Vulcan used to make a sound like this when the tank got hot. Never heard it it cool weather. +2 on fuel cap venting.

·
Registered
122 Posts
noise

if you cn hear the injector / pump noise when riding with your helmet on then you must be able to hear me whisper that its a normal noise on the versys and other bikes????? even from this distance....:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have that noise all the time but the dealer didnt hear it so they havent done
anything about it ,hope its nothing serius(hopefully spelled right,i´m swedish so be nice :)).I hear it a lot aspecially when i practice low speed manouvres in my garden(no need for helmet there)so theres when i hear it the most and its anoying.And even the noise from the gastank when its recently riddden or its standing in the sun,that bothers me to,have to get that fixed,cant be right when the bike squeels that much,ive need to open the tank to make it
go away.So of to the dealer tomorrow if this horrible rain could stop,and tell them more people hear this high pitch sound(not the tank sound).

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I 'll try the fuel cap but if this doesn't help I'll sue :( only kidding

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Could it be the radiator fan?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts