Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any high output stators that would work for the V? I know anything made for the ER-6 would work as well.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Does anyone know of any high output stators that would work for the V? I know anything made for the ER-6 would work as well.
Your power supply is made up of more than just a stator. If you pull too much current through your rectifier/regulator, it will overheat, causing it to die prematurely too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes sense. To reword my original question, does anyone know of an upgrade for the V to produce more power?

·
Registered
456 Posts
The 2015 Versys has a higher capacity stator and RR. The stator cover didn't change, so the new stator should bolt in and from pictures the RR looks like it will plug in too.

How much extra power do you need? Honestly I don't know how much extra power it does produce, I'd guess it's not more than 20 or 30 watts, but wont' be sure until I get my hands on the service manual for the 2015.

·
Registered
275 Posts
since we are on the topic, how much extra stuff can I power with my bike, I am going to convert to 35w HIDs to save some extra wattage for my LED lights which will be 20w, so I am back to stock wattage with my LED lights. I also want to run a GPS, and heated gear for me and the missus. Even if it's just a heated vest each....

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The 2015 Versys has a higher capacity stator and RR. The stator cover didn't change, so the new stator should bolt in and from pictures the RR looks like it will plug in too.

How much extra power do you need? Honestly I don't know how much extra power it does produce, I'd guess it's not more than 20 or 30 watts, but wont' be sure until I get my hands on the service manual for the 2015.
Did they come up with a more durable/efficient set up or just more amps?
In the event of failure I'd ratheer go that route if they did.
The earlier system just seems so crude to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts