Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2015 Versys 650 LT
1,218 Posts
Some people actually wanted those purple and blue headlights at one time! The thing I love about LED is you can make them do anything. Need a side running light? 1W LED $1 chip from the electronics store, hook up some 12V. Dim them, very easy. Little heat, little energy used, very bright. Make them pulse, dance, strobe on and on via a controller chip. Never changed one in my house. The Next Gen LED tech will use lasers and I can only imagine what a pin-point spot light it will be able to make..

· Registered
45 Posts
It had been previously advertised that headlight is LED, and the european Kawasaki server displays a price of € 1200 for the unit, so I already knew that I cannot simply replace bulbs as I invariably do in our cars.
As I already loaded the bike with a dual dashcam, I see little possibility for additional lights in both the appearance and consumption dimension... But I challenge anybody with the recent model to try night-riding at 100 km/h (62 mph) on a dark highway and report the impressions ;-)
If someone will buy me a late model V650 I will be glad to take up the challenge. PLEEEEEASE, I promise to write a complete report!

· Registered
09 v650
455 Posts
Your answer sir.

megalo-mart shopping list:

-10 pack cheap rechargeable headlamps (camo)
-bucket of jb weld
-tie wire
-duct tape (camo)
-pink zip ties (gf's idea) just sneak in some camo green ones too.
-jumbo bag beef jerky
-2x cases cold beer
=====================================
have fun!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts