Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done an HID headlight conversion on their Versys?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yep I did it a little over a year ago, for my low beam also, for the same reason, I want instant on for the highbeam. Of all the upgrades I have made, the HID was by far the best. I commute March to December, which means for half of those months it is dark in the morning, sometimes dark in the evening and sometimes dark both ways, the light output, especially on my country roads is amazing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Does an HID light put out more heat than OEM?

If so, are there concerns about melting/damaging the reflector or clear lens plastics?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Do you guys have specifics on which HID light or kit you bought?
I see kits from $24 to $138(+$58 shipping!). Is it "you get what you pay for"?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did both the low and the high beam but I had to drop the high beam back to the standard bulb. I was blinding too many drivers at night and the constant on/off is not good for the bulb/ballast. I got the 35watt kit from http://www.ddmtuning.com/ Over 2000 miles and so far so good. If you go this route you will have to make a custom spring or spacer because the oem holder will not work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use the TC hid headlight conversion produced by Taichang in China. I think that you will like them for their high quality,too. Their HID kit has 18months warranty service. At same time replacement the defective products by free is available according for the warranty articles. Just have a try. It will not let you down.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I used a set I got off ebay for my 250. They were 4300K light temperature. As stated you had to modify the stock spacer to work with the HID bulb. I wonder if the same fix would work on the Versys. I was thinking of doing HID on the Versys but I do like the instant on of the halogen high beam so I might just do the low beam.

Here is a link to modifying the bulb holder to work with the HID. This was on the 250, but it looks to be the same style as the Versys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts