Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

My name is Carol and I am suppose to introduce myself here so begin the story of a little bit about me. I Bought my 2012 Versys in 2013 saw her on the show room floor at Lufkin Motor Sports and feel in love at first sight. When I got her home I christened her with a DnD sticker and named her Bee. I am an IT professional I have 2 kids, 3 if you let me count Bee. My father is my motorcycle teacher between my dad and this forum I have been able to do all of my own work and adjustments to Bee. Today I was doing an oil change using the step by step instructions that was listed in the forums and decided why not just make an account also so i can thank the gentleman who wrote that guide. It was amazingly helpful to know the torque for the oil filter and plug!

Well then I believe this is the point where like any enthusiast I must now post a picture of my baby:

IMG_0927.jpg IMG_0922.jpg

I added the rack last month to make it easier to carry my backpack back and forth to school.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Carol and I am suppose to introduce myself here so begin the story of a little bit about me. I Bought my 2012 Versys in 2013 saw her on the show room floor at Lufkin Motor Sports and feel in love at first sight. When I got her home I christened her with a DnD sticker and named her Bee. I am an IT professional I have 2 kids, 3 if you let me count Bee. My father is my motorcycle teacher between my dad and this forum I have been able to do all of my own work and adjustments to Bee. Today I was doing an oil change using the step by step instructions that was listed in the forums and decided why not just make an account also so i can thank the gentleman who wrote that guide. It was amazingly helpful to know the torque for the oil filter and plug!

Well then I believe this is the point where like any enthusiast I must now post a picture of my baby:

View attachment 67529 View attachment 67537

I added the rack last month to make it easier to carry my backpack back and forth to school.
Welcome. If you look at the stickied threads in the tech section of this forum, there is a thread called "all the manuals in one place". There you can download the full factory service manuals for either a 2007-09 bike or a 2010-14 bike in PDF format. The version two manual link is several pages in, while the link for the version one manual is on the first page.

SW-Motech crash bars are really nice option IMO for this bike and should be standard equipment as they will pay for themselves the first time you tip it on it's side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. If you look at the stickied threads in the tech section of this forum, there is a thread called "all the manuals in one place". There you can download the full factory service manuals for either a 2007-09 bike or a 2010-14 bike in PDF format. The version two manual link is several pages in, while the link for the version one manual is on the first page.

SW-Motech crash bars are really nice option for this bike and should be standard equipment as they will pay for themselves the first time you tip it on it's side.
I have already tipped her twice but no damage luckily, it was slow speed stuff. However, crash bars are on my list of things to mod so thank you for the suggestion I was not sure where to begin looking! Also thanks for the manual links that is epic!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
:welcome:

I think anyone who is truthful to themselves and others would have to admit you have the best model, year, and color of them all! :thumb: :thumb:

Mine below is Yellow Jacket, with one of my members on my tank. If you take your tank bag off, one of my members may attach to your tank too. Just thump them off: it's the only time you'll ever sneak up on a yellow jacket and get away with it, buzz buzz :)

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
G'day Carol from down under,

I liked that Bumblebee paint scheme so much I painted my all black 2012 to match, only I used green instead of the yellow. I also have the SW-Motech crash bars and I also have BarkBuster Storm handguards and between these 2 items they have saved my bike from damage in 3 drops (at a standstill). I cannot recommend them enough.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Hi Carol & welcome from San Antonio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
G'day Carol from down under,

I liked that Bumblebee paint scheme so much I painted my all black 2012 to match, only I used green instead of the yellow. I also have the SW-Motech crash bars and I also have BarkBuster Storm handguards and between these 2 items they have saved my bike from damage in 3 drops (at a standstill). I cannot recommend them enough.

That looks amazing what kind of paint did you use? I have been thinking about going a brighter yellow, so I can be more noticeable for the blind idiots on the roads of houston.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
That looks amazing what kind of paint did you use? I have been thinking about going a brighter yellow, so I can be more noticeable for the blind idiots on the roads of houston.
I had it professionally painted

To be noticed better I wouldn't bother with paint I added LED spotlights as daytime running lights which seem to help a lot

And I have a Wolo Bad Boy airhorn which is bloody loud.

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I had it professionally painted

To be noticed better I wouldn't bother with paint I added LED spotlights as daytime running lights which seem to help a lot

And I have a Wolo Bad Boy airhorn which is bloody loud.
Nice rock :thumb::D:D:thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts