Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are based in New Zealand and are heading to Canada Alaska, US and Europe starting in June. We’ve just bought a 2012 Versys1000 in Kelowna BC, back home I ride a KLR650 and BMW 1150RT. Wile I’ve never owned a versys before I have always admired them , you don’t see many of them on the road here’s in NZ , the V-Strom are much more popular, it could be that the earl 650 are bloody ugly

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
164 Posts
The early ones with one light over the other. I've only seen one in person. Welcome and enjoy your trip.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
Yes that’s it
Do you know this bike?
Yes, I do. One of our "inmates" (Alaskajeff) was thinking of getting it, so asked me if I would do a test-ride on it, which I did - rode it for AROUND an hour to 1.5 hrs.

It's in VG condition, has that lovely "Tangerine metallic" paint (as long as it IS the one I tested).

NICE bike!

PM me before you come to get it, and I'll give you some contact (ME!) info, and I MIGHT be able to pick you up at the airport and drop you there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome from Ngatea.Ive got one of the ugly 09s and i love it.
Recently did 1500kms down through Taranaki and Wanganui,sweet as bro.
Drop me a line sometime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fast Eddie

Hi there, not sure if it is the same one. Ours seems to be grey/black. This is the kijiiji ID link 1364238604

UOTE=fasteddiecopeman;1604621]
Yes that’s it
Do you know this bike?
Yes, I do. One of our "inmates" (Alaskajeff) was thinking of getting it, so asked me if I would do a test-ride on it, which I did - rode it for AROUND an hour to 1.5 hrs.

It's in VG condition, has that lovely "Tangerine metallic" paint (as long as it IS the one I tested).

NICE bike!

PM me before you come to get it, and I'll give you some contact (ME!) info, and I MIGHT be able to pick you up at the airport and drop you there.[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
Hi there, not sure if it is the same one. Ours seems to be grey/black. This is the kijiiji ID link 1364238604...
I looked at the pics and it certainly looks like a different V1000, but my offer BELOW, still 'stands' IF I'm around.

"PM me before you come to get it, and I'll give you some contact (ME!) info, and I MIGHT be able to pick you up at the airport and drop you there."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts