Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Just bought (a month ago) a 2011/11 Versys 650 with 10K miles on it. Great bike, great and strong engine, good and reliable suspensions. Put some aftermarket parts (Puig windscreen, SW-Motech front sliders, GIVI hardbags and original handguards). Few days ago I've installed a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 3 and... wow! What a tyre! Having some issues with chain, three times in dealer to replace it, because o-rings tendo to tear and jump off. Anybody has had same problem?

Cheers!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi!

Just bought (a month ago) a 2011/11 Versys 650 with 10K miles on it. Great bike, great and strong engine, good and reliable suspensions. Put some aftermarket parts (Puig windscreen, SW-Motech front sliders, GIVI hardbags and original handguards). Few days ago I've installed a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 3 and... wow! What a tyre! Having some issues with chain, three times in dealer to replace it, because o-rings tendo to tear and jump off. Anybody has had same problem?

Cheers!
Welcome..

You've replaced the chain three times or had the o-rings replaced on the links three times?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Welcome and glad you're enjoying the bike.
I've only lost an O-ring a couple times, and only on the rivet link after extended wear. Three chains in a month is really unusual. Is the chain tension put to spec every time? Maybe the sprockets are not aligned, like a spacer got put on the wrong side? Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

sprocket alignment is also my main suspect. Because bike is still in its warranty, it was left at dealer this week. They'll do some measurements and check the alignment. Let's see what happens.:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts