Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow the Versys seems to have gone down a storm in the US!

first of all thanks for a great site my intention was to sort a buzz from the dash but now that thats sorted i feel compeled to stay a while so here goes with my first thread! :eek:

I bought my V in november last year and use it as my work day commute. i swapped it for a zzR 600 that i just wasn't enjoying, it was fast in a straight line and the front end didn't lift an inch but i just couldn't keep it stood whilst going slow it was too heavy. the versys was a god send of a motocycle and makes riding slowley in traffic a breeze.

despite a lack of top end i don't find myself lagging on a ride out and even took it on the drag strip a month or two ago. my times were nearly 2 seconds slower than the other bikes (even the old ZZR) but for 64bhp i think it did itself proud, despite throwing a stupidly big and out of control wheely which got the croud roaring with laughter :eek:.

these are my best run stats:

Reaction time: 0.86 seconds (not my best)
60 Foot time: 2.30 seconds
1/8 mile time: 9 seconds
1/8 MPH: 79.92mph
1/4 mile time: 14.1 seconds
1/4 MPH: 93.5 mph

i also like taking photos so here a few of me on my versys and some of the bikes that ran on the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I have to agree that the Versys is such an easy bike to ride. Just hit the button and go. It's comfortable and very easy to maneuver. It was a joy to discover after years and years of 600cc and 1000cc Supersport/Superbikes.

The metallic orange is sharp to boot!

Cheers,

Don

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey Hey welcome aboard .!!! thanks for posting the times to now I dont have to race it (yet)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts