Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Theo from Switzerland. After a pause of 23 years (artificial hips and thinking I would never ride again) I decided last year at the tender age of 53 that I really wanted to ride again. With limited cash I started shopping around for a bike and after much research landed up with a 2009 all black Versys 650. I was incredibly nervous in the beginning and almost stopped again due to the bike dying while idling in traffic (just too low idle revs) and the incredible bar vibrations in the older models (eventually fixed with neoprene grip sleeves and HVMP bar ends), but since then I've grown to love this machine. The suitability for urban riding here in Zurich, the utter fun of riding Swiss twisties and the punchy engine. And did I say cheap?

·
Premium Member
7,840 Posts
:welcome: from Far East and 09ner too. If you set the bike up properly the vibration will not be that much felt..especially the suspension.

Enjoy your ride and you have got the best bile for twisters.-ATGATT.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas, USA where we have a few good twisties but nothing as beautiful as Switzerland.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas, USA where we have a few good twisties but nothing as beautiful as Switzerland.
But in the US you have those looong open roads where you can kick back and do the Zen and the Art of Motorcycling thing. Maybe one day I'll have the money for a US tour.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:welcome: from Far East and 09ner too. If you set the bike up properly the vibration will not be that much felt..especially the suspension.

Enjoy your ride and you have got the best bile for twisters.-ATGATT.
From the Youtube videos I've seen, Malaysia has some spectacular scenery and roads, too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:welcome:to the forum ***and yes the twisties is what it excels at.
One of the major pluses of biking in Switzerland is that you never have to go far to find twisty roads. I've got a mountain right behind my house and some of the sharpest hairpins I've ever seen to practice on about 5km away. It's also a positive to have a bike that isn't overly high powered because the speed limits on Swiss roads are quite extreme: 80km/h (50mph) on country roads outside of urban areas. Fortunately, Germany, with its legendary freeways if just 45km away >:)

·
Super Moderator
19,393 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,393 Posts
Arizona must be quite a challenge in midsummer due to the heat, though, isn't it?
MIGHT be :)wink2:), but I spend the summers in the "Great White North", in BC....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts