Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought my silver Versys in March 2009 and have been very impressed with it over the 6500 miles covered so far. The power, handling and light weight make the Versys ideal for our roads here in Central Scotland and perfect for the quiet and scenic roads in the Highlands & Islands. I can’t wait to get back out on it - I just wish the weather would warm up a bit. I’m a member of the UK Versys forum and reckoned it would be interesting to read discussions from the other side of the pond.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ah Scotland, home of me ancestors, hope to get there one day, be cooler if I had my V for some riding.

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Welcome to our versys sight, I had the chance to visit your country 10 years ago, I really enjoyed myself. Had some hagis, saw the military tattoo festival, and a few of the castles, loved the whole country

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome Lad ................we need to see some pics of the Highlands , the Verseys is perfect for the landscape you have .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome, folks.
Yes, there are great roads the world over. A ride through the Rockies on a sunny, summer day would be excellent. Or maybe a blast round the Cape Breton coast road. Or then again riding over Arthur's Pass from the Pacific coast of South Island, NZ to the Tasman Sea coast would be spectacular.
Hi, Healdem - recognise you from Versys UK. North Wales and the Peak District are great parts of the country. We drove an amazing pass up from Lake Vyrnwy (they are sparing with vowels in Wales!) over to Bala Lake. Wife is from Malton so I know the N Yorks roads pretty well. Fish 'n' chips in Whitby after a brisk ride over the Moors from Pickering. Perfect.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, folks.
Yes, there are great roads the world over. A ride through the Rockies on a sunny, summer day would be excellent. Or maybe a blast round the Cape Breton coast road. Or then again riding over Arthur's Pass from the Pacific coast of South Island, NZ to the Tasman Sea coast would be spectacular.
Hi, Healdem - recognise you from Versys UK. North Wales and the Peak District are great parts of the country. We drove an amazing pass up from Lake Vyrnwy (they are sparing with vowels in Wales!) over to Bala Lake. Wife is from Malton so I know the N Yorks roads pretty well. Fish 'n' chips in Whitby after a brisk ride over the Moors from Pickering. Perfect.
I've got to agree on Cape Breton, did it with the car a couple of years ago and on the V last year, if I get a chance I will do it again this year. Unfortunately I just found out that my riding season may get cut short due to work. Oh well, at least I will most likely not need a new set of tires.

Agree on the Isles, would love to spend a few weeks riding there.

Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Hi, Stevemac.
My parents named me "Scott Andrew" after my ancestors, so you and I may have a few ancestors in common. These days we have a motorcycle in common. Welcome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts