Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Greg, and I recently procured a new Versys. I love it. I ride it pretty much every day. This bike is paying for itself with todays gas prices.

I'm 6'4" so the bike fits me pretty well. I just need to boost the seat a couple of inches, and everything should be gravy. right now my hips and knees are a little cramped.

I filpped the windscreen upside down, and am very happy with the results. Buffeting is much better, plus it looks sweet to boot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome, Greg! And, as one tall guy (6'5") to another, THANK YOU for the news about flipping the windscreen. I had seen this simple mod suggested by other folks on the forum, but I hesitated to do it because of my height.

I'll give it a try. Not today, however, since we've got wind gusts in the mid-40s! Around sunrise this morning, the wind was swirling through the forest so hard that it looked as if the gods of wind were using gigantic eggbeaters to whip the trees into a froth. Not the day to be on roads passing (in either direction) the huge coal and lumber trucks that carom through our area . . . :eek:

Keep enjoying your Versys - and let us know about your Florida jaunts. My brother lives in Orlando and I'm hoping to head down to see him sometime this fall.

Breezily,
Kevin

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure I'll be making ride reports. I love to take pictures.

I wonder, is there anyone else besides me on this site who lives in my area?
I met another Versys owner at Cycle Gear. He frequents the V forum on KLR650.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts