Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm not only the new owner of a 2014 Versys, but it's my first motorcycle. I found this forum and hope to find some other more knowledgeable Versys owners, who can help guide me in the various mysteries and rituals of being a motorcyclist.

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
:welcome: From right down the road...Cerritos/Norwalk

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
:welcome: I'll wager Weljo could teach you how to ride in SoCal. Take a look at some of his videos. 0:)

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
:welcome: I'll wager Weljo could teach you how to ride in SoCal. Take a look at some of his videos. 0:)
Or NOT - "Take a look at some of his videos..." :wink2:

:welcome:

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Watching motorcycles lane split on the 405 while I was sat there in my cage is one of the reasons I got interested in motorcycling. That being said, I haven't tackled freeway riding yet since I've only had my license for 5 days but I will attempt it soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know if this is a good place to ask but I'm in need of some help. I need to adjust the rear brake light switch. It doesn't trigger unless I've got the brake pedal pressed as far as it will go. But the diagram in the owners manual is totally useless. Do I have to remove the plastic cover below the rear shock to get to the switch? Is the switch the black wire running from the rear brake to the connector under and forward of the shock spring? If so then where the heck is the adjusting nut the manual says is there? Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it worth it to buy the official Kawasaki service manual? Is there anything equivalent to Chiltons guides for Kawasaki motorcycles?

Now that I've tried to actually use the owners manual for more than just seeing what the tire pressure is supposed to be, I'm kind of disappointed with the owners manual and would like something more useful.

Thanks again - I'm at least glad I found this forum!

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
Is it worth it to buy the official Kawasaki service manual? Is there anything equivalent to Chiltons guides for Kawasaki motorcycles?
Yes - w/ a 'paper' SERVICE MANUAL you can get fingerprints onto the pages. (I have one in the FOR SALE section....) I've NOT seen a Chiltons, or equivalent for the V....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts