Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me 2009 Versys 650. Despite 45,000km on the, clock it was babied.

Coming from a 2008 Concours 14 + DR650 + DRZ250 and many years ago Honda CM400. Just needed something to do it all and this was available and seems to fit the bill...

Hi to all of you!
Kilianos

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome (also from NL).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome (also from NL).
We will likely cross paths at some point then!!

Or forgot to mention. Off topic but my intro to maintenance on my versys was the headlight bulb last night lol. Damn that clip.

Sent from my K85 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Welcome aboard from San Antonio, TX for a month or two longer and then Moosehead Lake, Maine. We alternate from being "winter Texans" to "summer folk" or "people from away" in Maine.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Welcome! I'm originally from St. John's, but moved to Ottawa after graduating from MUN. Still get back every year or so.

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
...any reason for AZ specifically? ...
YES! FL gets hurricanes; CA is TOO expensive, as well as "communist"; and AZ is neither..., and WARM at least in the S part where I go.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
:welcome: aboard! (from AZ today..., and BC tomorrow!)

Ed, are you headed north already? We won't be leaving for Maine till mid-May and don't mind that at all because there is still a huge amount of snow on the ground - and I'm too "retired" to deal with that stuff any longer.

Have a safe trip, eh? :wink2:

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
YES! FL gets hurricanes; CA is TOO expensive, as well as "communist"; and AZ is neither..., and WARM at least in the S part where I go.
Ed is correct. And Florida is also full of very old citizens who have no business driving but still do, wreaking all manner of havoc.

California, back in the day (high school in the early 60s), was interesting and featured some pretty memorable surprises. Does any else remember the famous Carol Doda streaking the Marina Green in San Francisco? I certainly do! A vivid memory I'll take to my grave - grinning and sighing.

Now, however, CA is more than a little strange and, perhaps, Communist after all. Not to mention that it's wicked expensive!

No thank you, I'll stick with Texas for a while longer. On the other hand, the couple of weeks we recently spent in Tucson and Bisbee were quite enjoyable. Good riding country, and beyond that I could spend a day at the Pima Air and Space Museum once a month and not become bored.

·
Registered
27 Posts
New to me 2009 Versys 650. Despite 45,000km on the, clock it was babied.

Coming from a 2008 Concours 14 + DR650 + DRZ250 and many years ago Honda CM400. Just needed something to do it all and this was available and seems to fit the bill...

Hi to all of you!
Kilianos
Welcome from NYC!! :welcome:

I'm actually gonna be visiting Newfoundland for the first time in about a month- :).
Getting my bike ready for the trip and (hopefully) finding a few parts that I need to get it up and running!

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
Ed, are you headed north already? We won't be leaving for Maine till mid-May and don't mind that at all because there is still a huge amount of snow on the ground - and I'm too "retired" to deal with that stuff any longer.

Have a safe trip, eh? :wink2:
Already up here since 05 April. LOTS of snow on the 'hills'.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts