Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New members here and just wanted to say hi. I got my Versys (Blue 2008) a couple weeks ago and have been lurking here since. Looks like a good group of people and glad to be part of it.

cheers,

robnb

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome

Nice to see another Canadian here. I am in Newfoundland. Any question you may have will be answered by someone with knowledge. I have not been disappointed with any responses to my silly questions.
Enjoy your V. Too bad it is blue as the orange ones are the most fun!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
:welcome: "eh"

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Hey all,

New members here and just wanted to say hi. I got my Versys (Blue 2008) a couple weeks ago and have been lurking here since. Looks like a good group of people and glad to be part of it.

cheers,

robnb
Hello from NS. Quite a few members for NS and NB. What part of NB? BTW 2008 is the best vintage of Versys ;) If you have buzzing from the fairing (common on 2008-2009 models), in particular the plastic piece behind the gauges, check the threads on this site as it is an easy fix.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the welcomes! Glad to be a part of the forum. I do have the buzzing problem but will take care of it when I don't feel the urge to ride!

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey funny you mention that... I tried earplugs for the first time on a highway run and wow was a difference!

Does anyone know if you can hear the buzz as a bystander while winding the engine to red line?

Just curious :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello from NS. Quite a few members for NS and NB. What part of NB? BTW 2008 is the best vintage of Versys ;) If you have buzzing from the fairing (common on 2008-2009 models), in particular the plastic piece behind the gauges, check the threads on this site as it is an easy fix.
Fredericton... yourself?

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Welcome from Southern Ontario:welcome::welcome:

I use the buzzing the same way that people on Harleys do, that crank the throttle to get peoples attention.

And the BLACK ones are the fastest:teetertooter:

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Fredericton... yourself?
Halifax.

Put your hand on the plastic dash behind the instrument cluster and apply pressure when it buzzes to see if it will stop as this is probably the culprit. Normally it hits around 4000 to 6000RPM. The fix is to get some adhesive backed foam weather striping tape you can buy at Kent and apply it to the top of the tab on this piece of plastic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts