Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have been riding for several years now but just got my versys in April, switched over from a cruiser. Versys is so much better, but I am new to all the farkles. Hard luggage, windshields, lowering kit, bar riser, and throttle lock came with the bike. I just ordered a GPS. Am also looking into handguards, but wondering if I will run into issues with the Kaoko throttle lock in place (bar end weight type). Ideally I would like the handguards with two connection points to protect levers). Also wondering if anyone has done any creative mounting options for GPS, I would prefer to have it directly behind the windshield (above speedo) instead of having to look down and over toward my handlebars. Thinking of some possibilities with windshield brackets, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Thanks all, ride on.

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
:welcome: If your bike is an 08 or 09 The MotoWerks GPS Mount is the ticket.

036 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

thanks for the warm welcome guys, and thanks for the heads up on the mount Weljo, that looks perfect.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Greetings from Rochester Hills!

I use the Go Cruise throttle control - just enough to use my right hand for things. The instructions I have seen on the Kaoko show how to mount with hand guards.

·
Registered
642 Posts
:welcome:

We will be coming out to Michigan for a vacation next week. Several nights at Luddington State Park and a couple more in the Alma area (where my in-laws live).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MI

Ludington is beautiful, hope the weather is nice for you, it has been a little chilly here lately (of course not too cold to ride tho)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts