Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi have been riding for many years and finally I was able to get a 2009 Versys. The earlier Kawasaki I had was a Tengai so similar to a degree. I just for this yesterday and so far I am really happy. However it is used so I see a few things that need to be addressed.

Will post about those points and hopefully I can help and get help from other members here. :laugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome: I'm in LA County...Norwalk/Cerritos area. I miss my blue 09 :crying:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys, took it for a short spin and really like it so far. Engine seems smooth revving with nicely spread torque. I have also a Vstrom 1000 and while it is obviously more powerful it is not as smooth and enjoyable for the type of riding I like to do.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome aboard from San Antonio, Texas - a few miles east of you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys. I have only rode a few miles but I removed the windshield and brackets, even at low speed the wind would create some sort of turbolence and noise. Much better without it, at least for short rides.

I also rode the Vstrom in between, it is a bit more comfortable with more distance between seat and foot pegs, it also feels planted and solid, I guess it works better on the freeway. But I really like the Versys engine, so smooth and so torquey at every rev, nothing arm wrenching but I really like the way it works.

Since I bought the bike used it has a few things to fix, the bar ends are missing. It came to me with only one mirror so since I have the Aprilia Tuono mirrors on my Vstrom I got a set for the Versys as well and installed them last night. Really nice looking and work well.

I tried to install some regular bar ends but it seems that the ones for 7/8" handlebar are too large, the hole in the handlebar being small. I will post a tread asking about it maybe.

Otherwise the other thing that does not work is the reset button and I can't do anything with the reset... small things but a pain... LOL

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
Send me a PM Carlo - I believe I have a pair of the OEM bar-ends in AZ (I'll be there in a week and a half) which I could 'part' with.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts