Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll,

I got my 2015 Apple Candy Apple green Versys 650 in late June. I already have 7K on it. It's my daily ride. I LOVE IT!

I just put to bed my 08 KLR650 with over 70K on her. No major problems and I rode it like I stole it. The only reason I didn't get another one was HW speeds sucked.

I was very active on KLRword.com with the "Frugle exaust mod" being my babby. I did SOOOOO much to that old KLR!

Once I get some time, it's time to change up the Versys. Not many things needed really. I have already put the Kawasaki trunk on it and a new windshield, but that's it....so far>:)

Tis was one of the best bikes I have purchased. No buyers regret! I did have a GT650S Hyosung for a short time between my Kawasaki's, but not my stile of riding.

So...new exhaust, tidy up the tail, better air filter and change up the blinkers, and I'm done.....ya right >:) :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
...better air filter and change up the blinkers, and I'm done.....ya right >:) :wink2:
When you find a "better air filter" - be sure to tell us WHAT it is, and the brand. You DO know that it's a replaceable filter as opposed to the oiled-foam the earlier ones have?

...and, of course, :welcome:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I'm looking at a DNA. Not so easy to get in the US. Claims of over 50% more air flow.

The 2015 uses a completely different filter config. Too bad! I like the reusable, oiled foam. Good news is it's supposed to last 10K+..we will see.

The worthless owner's manual says the stealer-ship should install. LOL! At over 100 bucks for a glorified oil change, I'd hate to get that bill!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know where they hide the blinker relay on the 2015's? Nott the same place as the previous models .

·
Super Moderator
18,952 Posts
Does anyone know where they hide the blinker relay on the 2015's? Not the same place as the previous models .
Just looked thru my SERVICE MANUAL which does NOT show one, but the 'relay' is in front of the instruments below the windshield, and there's a procedure to check if it is serviceable by counting the light "blinks", so it looks like it's in the relay, as it also says: "IF the lights do not blink as specified, replace the turn signal relay".

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from about 30 miles down the road - Monterey, CA. Hit me up if you're ever interested in a ride.
Will do! Thanks! I just went for a ride down HW 1 past Carmel, Palo Colorado Rd, up into Los Padres NF. Nice little ride. The roads around t he Pinnacles are fun too...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts