Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, my name is Claus, I live in Hamburg, Germany. I found this very nice forum when I was desperately searching a solution for a secondary throttle sensor problem I had with a customer´s bike.(2010 ER6-N ABS ). My rides are a BMW R100GS and a self built Suzuki GSX1100G-sidecar combination. And I run a small motorcycle repair busines, that´s the reason I came in contact with that ER6-N
I did not find the solution here but a lot of answers I could use as little steps to solve my problem. So thanks to the forum I could get the bike running again.
The reason I registered is that I would like to tell what I have done. I will do that in the thread where I found answers once I have been accepted as a full forum member.

take care and ride safe
Claus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, invader, that´s what the "new member faq"sais ...
I can post in the forum once I have two posts in the member introduction and have waited 48 hours.
To make long things short: I found that it´s no problem to take the sensor off the throttle housing and put it back on. No need to buy a new throttle housing. I opened the throttle motor housing as well and put it back together. Just open the secondary throttle fully manually, insert the sensor with the cables to the top, twist it to it´s factory colour mark, shut the throttle and fix the sensor´s screw. Measurement of the sensor should read 4,7 k Ohms. Bike runs great. FI light is off.

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thaks at all for the welcomes and likes!
Once I find the time I will tell some more of myself and write some more words about the throttle sensor problem.
Right now I am struggling to keep my busines open, because my employee has got pancreas cancer and is in hospital since 6 weeks. Looks like he will survive (knock on wood!), but I have taken alot of customers´bikes in to get work for two persons and am alone with it now. So please don´t be upset if my posts come with a delay. I´m just too busy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts