Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every one,

Im happy to introduce me a new VERSYS owner, i buy a new black versys 2011, my distributor will be give me the bike in 2 days. im soo happy to the new type of bike (i had a Yamaha R6R`09 for race (R.i.P) and scooter for city) i wanna know every thing of the bike and make a long trips on it.

starting with the question i want to know how to star with the engine, in my country knows it "despejar" in english is " to take off or Launched" the engine, the max speed when the bike is new and how much kms or mls to find the top speed.

kind regards.

Juan Garila.

P.D: in few days i upload photos of the bike and forgive me if my english isnt the best:guilty:.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome.

You mean Break-In or Run-In the engine? 2 schools of thoughts to it, hard or soft break-in. Kawasaki encourages the soft break-in, it's in the manual. Motortune (google it) claims hard break in is much better for better sealing between the rings and cylinder walls.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome from colorado!

Welcome to the family,and the forum..Enjoy your new V..and yes,pics are a must in here..:welcome:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bienvenido Juan, muchos saludos desde Uruguay. Yo tb compre una versys 2011 y para ablandarla no me pase de las 4mil rpm hasta los 500 km, dsps 5 mil rpm hasta 1000, el service, correspondiente y de a poco subi hasta 6500 en 1500 km. Ahora a darle palo!
Que tengas suerte!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts