Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Got my 2011 Versys in May. I'm 34 and it's the first street legal bike I've owned, and I already feel like it's a perfect match. Very easy to ride. I bought a 44T sprocket and toying with the idea of a h2o temp gauge, but otherwise everything I wanted in a bike.

Awesome forum and tons of useful info!

:eek:penarms:
(Love these things)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Post #2!!!

Is replying to myself to get the requisite 2 "new member" posts considered cheating? I guess I'll find out. T minus 48 hrs...

:yeahsmile:
(still love these things)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome aboard Skippy and congrats on the new motorcycle! :)

You mentioned the 11-V is your first "street legal" mc. Do you ride dirt bikes too? Like what kinds?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Welcome Skippy, nice to see another Versys in NJ. There are a ton of things to add on to this bike. H2O gage? Not sure you'll need that, I haven't heard much about overheating this bike. Let alone doing it in NJ, Arizona, maybe. What you may find more handy is a gear position indicator. The healtech GIpro DS series comes in several colors too.

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Twich: Used to ride a Yamaha YZ around Northeast PA, but after starting work in NJ and realizing I wasn't returning to the mountains anytime soon, I sold off my dirt gear and thought I'd see what the asphalt had to offer.

Stud: Hear ya on the shift indicator. Sometimes I lose track, and the gearing is so tight, I can't tell where I am... until I try to shift into 7th. :)
Reason for the temp gauge interest was that on hot days (plenty of those this year) I was losing coolant from the hose connection by the thermostat. Shop thinks defective hose, but it got me thinking about dependence on just the warning light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts