Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I’m still in doing research and am thinking of purchasing a Versys 650. I found this forum and realized the best place for info would be from those who already own one. I have been away from riding for some time and am now coming back. I would be commuting and riding the bike for day to day usage. I go east to the Mississippi and Alabama gulf coast several times a year and when my wife goes out to CA twice a year to visit her daughter I would be headed out to wherever I want for a week while she’s gone.

·
Registered
327 Posts
:welcome: to the forums! I would say the Versys is a great bike for those getting back into riding. The only caveat is that you probably need about a 31 or higher inseam to be able to flat foot the bike in its stock height (without lowering links, which are available).

·
Premium Member
16,227 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would say that if you have a 32" inseam or better just do it. You won't regret it.
Randy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank all for the welcomes and info. I'm 5'10, 32 inseam and weigh in at 155. When I sat on one at the dealer, I was just able to put both feet on the ground. As I was thinking today about where I would go I realized I would like to take it to Lead, South Dakota, my idea of heaven on earth. With that in mind, how would the Versys be on such a trip?

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Thank all for the welcomes and info. I'm 5'10, 32 inseam and weigh in at 155. When I sat on one at the dealer, I was just able to put both feet on the ground. As I was thinking today about where I would go I realized I would like to take it to Lead, South Dakota, my idea of heaven on earth. With that in mind, how would the Versys be on such a trip?
EXCELLENT!

>:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts