Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to this forum but not new to Motorcycles and not new to Kawasaki.

I have had a 2010 Kawasaki GTR1400, also a 2012 Versys 650 and I just bought the new Versys 300x which I am planning to use as a commuter to work as well as weekend light dirt bike.

My other bike is a BMW 1200GS

I only have one question so far about the new Versys 300.

Where can I find a workshop manual? I like to have one when I go travelling or for any work.

So far I am impressed with the Versys 300 (except for the seat which is far too hard) but the wind protection, ergonomics (and I am tall) and overall experience is as good as it was on the 650 (which I no longer own).

·
Registered
454 Posts
Kawasaki will get one in from the U.S. to order but I saw this post on advrider.com:

"I purchased the Kawasaki Versys-X 300 Service Manual from the following vendor for $50, plus $6 shipping cost. The manual was shipped promptly and was packaged very well; it arrived in excellent condition.

http://www.service-shop-repair-manu...art-99924-1526-31-service-shop-repair-manual/

posted out of Kawasaki Versys-X 300 | Page 372 | Adventure Rider
U.S. dollars and the freight was $40 I think. A little over US$100 in total. Ordered on 29 October and it arrived today in perfect condition - very well wrapped.

And welcome to the forum.

Edit: I also found the seat hard and bought the high option seat from my Kawasaki dealer. They are advertised for sale at $220. An inch or two higher and lots more padding. Perhaps the aftermarket people can do better but the price is good and I now have two seats.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome from the Missouri Ozarks!

I haven't even thought about a manual yet. Is there a wiring diagram in it? :)

I had a custom seat done here too. The stock was painful.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Ah, another 300X owner! Welcome aboard. Giving serious consideration to exchanging my 650 for the 300X.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I loved my 650, at the time I also had a Triumph Tiger 1050 and the ergonomics on the Versys were much better.
The 300 is similar to the 650, just a smaller engine but it is also so frugal!, about 2.5 to 3 litres per 100km!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told the higher seat was just as hard... maybe I will give it a try....

Edit: I also found the seat hard and bought the high option seat from my Kawasaki dealer. They are advertised for sale at $220. An inch or two higher and lots more padding. Perhaps the aftermarket people can do better but the price is good and I now have two seats.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome from the Missouri Ozarks!

I haven't even thought about a manual yet. Is there a wiring diagram in it? :)
Yes there is.

This is for the ABS version. The previous 2 pages covers the Non-ABS V-X 300. I am about to post on the re-gearing thread.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was told the higher seat was just as hard... maybe I will give it a try....

Edit: I also found the seat hard and bought the high option seat from my Kawasaki dealer. They are advertised for sale at $220. An inch or two higher and lots more padding. Perhaps the aftermarket people can do better but the price is good and I now have two seats.
[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that it will soften with use. Fingers crossed.
It does also put me up in the wind - maybe I will now need to raise the screen, which was very effective with the low seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts