Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to make sure I am getting the right part number. Is it HF-303 for my 2018 650?

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
What am I missing?
That filter is $100. HiFlow and K&N go for $5 (actually dropped to $3 on sale recently if you bought 6)

So 20 regular filters at $5 doing oil changes every 5,000 miles. I'd have to put 100,000 miles on the bike to start seeing any monetary savings....
I've been using the same filter for 8 years now on 3 different bikes well over 80,000 miles.......Here are some benefits...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been using the same filter for 8 years now on 3 different bikes well over 80,000 miles.......Here are some benefits...https://youtu.be/6w22wzKJhRU
I do like the idea of the built in cooling fins and the ability to take it apart and see what the filter is catching. The magnet is a nice touch also. The concept does cut down on waste. Most people don't recycle conventional filters properly. It just seems more convenient to take off the old filter and pop in a fresh one. The reusable filter seems more useful to racers and engine builders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts