Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a Kawasaki versys 650 and it has been some of the most fun I have had in a long time. I hope to wear this bike down as much as possible. I am having some trouble with my bike right now. I broke my key in my gas tank and I was wonder if anyone knew how to take out the tumbler so I can get my key out.

·
Super Moderator
7,680 Posts
Welcome aboard .I am really sorry as this is going to be a very long process. You need to get the broken key out before you can do anything else. Post some pictures as it will help. You can also remove the entire Gas Cap assembly and have a lock smith help you if one is near you.

keep posted.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Once you get this 'fixed' it might be worthwhile to find an aftermarket steel key and use that for the tank and seat, since both of those applications out much more stress on the key.

I went to my local Ace Hardware store and they matched up a key blank to my existing key. It works well on the tank and seat locks, but it's overall length is too short to work in the ignition tumbler. Maybe a local hardware store will have a similar key?!?!?!?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts