Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
klotzbum here, a proud owner of a 2009 Versys with about 45,000. I live in Honolulu HI, and ride the bike daily, year round. For the most part I like to do the basic maintenance. Right now I am looking for some assistance in determining why my battery is not charging. I do not think it the battery because I just got a new one 1 moth ago. Another symptom related to battery not charging, while sitting idle in daily honolulu traffic jam Instrument LED went blank and tach went to zero. the bike remained running but the display and tach would not display until I reved the engine to about 2000 RPM. anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey Bra, How's it? guess not too good. Welcome to the forum.
If you were on Kauai I could recommend a good shop that repairs all makes and brands. Suzuki-Husqvarna Kauai They are open today (02-04-16) 10-6, 808-246-4753 They might be able to direct you to a reputable shop on your island. Good luck

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome:

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
I can help with the battery & stator issue, but you'll need to send me a plane ticket & give me a bed for a week or so while l diagnose the problem thoroughly!!!!

PS Welcome >:)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
9,193 Posts
klotzbum here, a proud owner of a 2009 Versys with about 45,000. I live in Honolulu HI, and ride the bike daily, year round. For the most part I like to do the basic maintenance. Right now I am looking for some assistance in determining why my battery is not charging. I do not think it the battery because I just got a new one 1 moth ago. Another symptom related to battery not charging, while sitting idle in daily honolulu traffic jam Instrument LED went blank and tach went to zero. the bike remained running but the display and tach would not display until I reved the engine to about 2000 RPM. anybody have any ideas?
Frame ground and or engine ground.
Wrong forum for this, search some of my posts
or PM me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts