Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here!

One year ago, I found an inexpensive 2008 Versys for sale, and, despite the looks (I don't like red bikes...), I decided to give it a try. I also have a Triumph Bonneville, so I'd use this as a commuting bike...

Well, one year later, I ride the V much more than the Triumph and I'm starting to do some mods and "adv'ing" it a little bit. I want to do some offroad next year...

Ready to learn and help as much as I can here!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Nice! I see it didn't stay red too long:wink2: You will have a blast ADVing your Versys. I've built mine for that as well and wouldn't have it any other way. BTW I'm a NY native, grew up in the Saratoga area.

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
...Well, one year later, I ride the V much more than the Triumph and I'm starting to do some mods and "adv'ing" it a little bit. I want to do some offroad next year...

Ready to learn and help as much as I can here!
Welcome to the BEST forum on the 'net, and be AWARE that you can NOT ride the Versys off-road...:wink2:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
What would a "long ride" consist of in NYC?
Do you head north to find some quiet roads or ride around the suburbs??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What would a "long ride" consist of in NYC?
Do you head north to find some quiet roads or ride around the suburbs??
It was a 150 miles ride (this is the max I like doing in this weather...). I live in Queens, very close to a highway, so in 30 minutes I can be lost in a forest :)

New York (state) is sooooo beautiful!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
I did a roadtrip this summer and rode North, all over Ontario, North of Ottawa and then down east through Vermont, Maine... Oh, I love those areas!
NEXT time you're there, suggest you ride the "Rouge River Road" N from Grenville, Quebec (across the Ottawa River from Hawkesbury, ON, and about 50 miles E of Ottawa) to near Mt Tremblant. GREAT ride!

:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts