Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added a 2011 Versys to my collection, hoping to find some good advice on upgrading it to match the awesomeness of my old KLR.

My KLR

handles my daily commute quite nicely, especially on what qualifies as "roads" in San Bernardino, but doesn't quite cut it on the local freeways.

So, when this Versys popped up on craigslist for a great price (great enough to drive 2.5 hours each way to pick it up)

I couldn't resist. I basically bought it sight unseen, and while I'm pretty happy with this purchase, there's some things that need updating.

Thanks for looking, I'll post specific issues in the regular forums after I get approved.

Later!

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice, you were playing in my back yard.

It was probably best you turned around, the roads do get worse from there.

At the intersection where you turned around, to the left, across the cement water crossing, that road is a USFS "More Difficult" road, that goes up to pilot rock, and can wrap around the lake, out on 173 by the dam. (North side of Silverwood)

A right there would have gone to another intersection just 1/4 mile up the road, at the intersection, left would be Miller Canyon road, which also goes to Pilot rock, and can meet with the previous road, or you can continue on to Lake Arrowhead and beyond. Straight would just take you up Dart Canyon road into Crestline, east of Lake Gregory. This is the easiest road, but it still has its rough spots.

The KLR is usually great in that area, but a month or so ago, I took off my worn IRC GP110 tires, and put on a set on Conti Escapes. The escapes are awesome road tires, but "beyond scary" is the best way to describe their dirt capabilities.

I need try the K270s I have sitting there and get back in the dirt.. If works leaves me alone long enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, that didn't last long.. I led my newly licensed wife on a hundred mile "get some experience" trip today, where she promptly proclaimed that the Versys is now hers.

So I'm back on the KLR, and shipping again...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts