Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't stop looking at the Versys X300 and plan on purchasing one in the next couple weeks when I get rid of the two streetbikes I have currently.

Right now I own a 2001 Kawasaki Concours 1000 with high miles. Picked it up 4 years ago for 2k and it's been a good bike to me. It's pretty fast and VERY thirsty. Lots of luggage space. Unfortunately the Conc is just too big and heavy.... Ever since I got it I dreamed of a smaller road bike...

I also own a 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX600F. Neat bike. Just got it running for the first time today actually. I picked this bike up this time last year for the best price of all. You know what I mean. Hoping to flip it now that it's in good running condition.

I also have a DRZ400 I purchase 6 years ago that was my first motorcycle. Great dirtbike! Problem is when you take it from full dirt trim to dual sport trim you cripple it somewhat offroad. I enjoy leaving it as a dirtbike that can also be driven on the street legally.

The KLE300 looks like just the bike I need. A little peppy, fun to rev, good gas-mileage, reliable, simple, cheap, and most importantly, fresh and new and fuel-injected.
The three bikes I've owned up till now have one thing in common, they all needed carb work at some point. Carbs just suck man....

I am anticipating a similar experience to what I feel toward my 2018 Ford Focus S base model with the manual transmission. Brand new so I know the full history. Basic and dead simple. Nothing to worry about but regular maintenance and using the machine as much as I can! I love the new car experience. Many people see diminished value in a new car, it just depreciates so fast. People say the same thing about bikes. However, for someone that does their own maintenance and cares about their cars and bikes, it's so helpful to start with a clean slate. All you have to worry about is keeping the thing clean and hitting your maintenance intervals, if you can do that as far as I can tell you have a reliable machine for decades. The price of new, I have deemed, is worth that decade plus of worry free service.

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...All you have to worry about is keeping the thing clean and hitting your maintenance intervals, if you can do that as far as I can tell you have a reliable machine for decades. The price of new, I have deemed, is worth that decade plus of worry free service....
I have a '01 Nissan Maxima, and a '03 Mazda Protege5 - BOTH bought new, presently w/ 115 K miles and 87K miles. NICE not having to worry about them too much....:smile2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts