Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a while and reading a lot about the Versys and I'm planning on buying a '16 650 LT (Orange) this week. I can't wait. I've been thinking about this bike for almost a year and sold my Suzuki 3 days ago so I figured I better hurry up and fill that empty spot in my garage:) Anyway, thanks for all the info so far and I look forward to chatting with you in the forums. Any prepurchasing insights are welcome too!

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Purchasing insights?

Go into several dealerships. Walk around and look at a lot of bikes.

Ask how much

Seem disinterested.

Somewhere along the line, ask the bottom dollar on that orange Versys that you want.

Offer at least 1,000 less (assuming that they already told you a "discounted" price).

Seem disinterested.
Walk away.

Come back a week later, repeat.

Also check Cycle Trader and Craigslist for slightly used ones. You can sometimes get a very low mileage version that someone has already added lots of accessories and still has remaining warranty. It's worth a look

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha. That's pretty much what I did. A local dealer wasn't interested so I went out of state (a bit of a hassle) and got what I wanted for a good price. Now they have to uncrate it while I wait.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts