Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I'm an old guy (69) returning to riding after a hiatus of about 10 years. Like many others, I Have had a number of bikes over the years, such as Honda CBR600, BMW K75, Honda Hawk, Suzuki Bandit 1200, and Triumph Bonneville, and some other I can't remember. Just bought on 09 Versys to get back into riding. Took a test ride and it seems like a great cycle for someone with nothing to prove, who just enjoys riding. I was seriously considering a Honda VC700, but it just seemed a little to Honda-ish.
Great forum; have already learned a lot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello
I'm an old guy (69) returning to riding after a hiatus of about 10 years. Like many others, I Have had a number of bikes over the years, such as Honda CBR600, BMW K75, Honda Hawk, Suzuki Bandit 1200, and Triumph Bonneville, and some other I can't remember. Just bought on 09 Versys to get back into riding. Took a test ride and it seems like a great cycle for someone with nothing to prove, who just enjoys riding. I was seriously considering a Honda VC700, but it just seemed a little to Honda-ish.
Great forum; have already learned a lot.
That was on my list for some time but my finalists where vstrom, versys 650 and FJ 09. got my 2017 versys couple weeks ago. 1st bike by the way. I'm 39 years old.

I love it for a 1st bike. Can't really ask for more. Fun to ride. Smiling under my helmet the whole way :).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
739 Posts
Welcome, Dave!

I like that line of yours... "a great cycle for someone with nothing to prove, who just enjoys riding".

Well stated. Hope to see some pictures and read some stories soon!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up the bike today. Great to be back on two wheels. Now just waiting until I can post questions on the other forums.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts