Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2008 with a Two-brothers slip on, and i've noticed that if i'm low in the RPMs (usually, it can do it a little higher), it pops. Sometimes if i'm slowing down for a corner, it will hestitate then surge forward with the same gurgly pop.

Sort of feels like it's getting flooded and then suddenly correcting, or like it's "switching". I've felt carbed bikes sorta like this, but EFI is a whole new ballpark for me.

Any suggestions where I should start?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ya as i was saying thats part of fuel injection plus you are running a higher flowing can then the ecu is "tuned" for. pops are air getting into the exhaust causing the left over fuel vapor to combust. if you can ,try to get a video of it acting up

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Seal off your PAIR valves on the valve cover and in the airbox outlet... You can also rotate your main (lower) throttle sensor counterclockwise by just a hair.

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
Mine is a 2008.
So you can still get a PC5 for the 2008 Versys, but it will not have F+I built in (could be added as another module via CAN gateway)

I don't even use the F+I.

Doubt you would need F+I on the 650, unless you are adding a snail and nos :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've been contributing to the "Playing with Power Commander V and Autotune200" thread, regarding this same basic issue.

Trying to maintain steady throttle between 3-4k rpm results in surging and intake popping. I had the airbox off this weekend (TB syncing) and noticed this intake popping/hesitation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been contributing to the "Playing with Power Commander V and Autotune200" thread, regarding this same basic issue.

Trying to maintain steady throttle between 3-4k rpm results in surging and intake popping. I had the airbox off this weekend (TB syncing) and noticed this intake popping/hesitation.
Exactly- there's a "sweet zone" between 3-4k where it gets very noisy. I just alleviate it by keeping high in the revs for now.

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
It is not if it will work... the unit is designed to fit the specific bike. the wiring harnesses might differ as well.

I bought mine from Motomummy.com it was the cheapest online by far.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in an identical situation to the OP.

Just got an 08 with a Two Bros exhaust, pops (and has backfired) in deceleration.

Changed oil and filter last week and plan on fitting new plugs and air filter in next week to see if it helps.

Over 4k revs she is good, under, not so much.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
I'm in an identical situation to the OP.

Just got an 08 with a Two Bros exhaust, pops (and has backfired) in deceleration.

Changed oil and filter last week and plan on fitting new plugs and air filter in next week to see if it helps.

Over 4k revs she is good, under, not so much.
All you need to do is like I said...

Seal off your PAIR valves on the valve cover and in the airbox outlet... You can also rotate your main (lower) throttle sensor counterclockwise by just a hair.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts