Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See pics. The HB bars worked well for mounting Highway Pegs and small driving lights. The lights are 55w each!

The pegs were $15 at the local M/C accesory store and mounted fast and easy.

The driving light mounts are hardware store U-bolts that I had to bend tighter after they were around the HB bars and then I cut them off at the nylock nuts after snugging everything down.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where did you get the driving lights from & the brand? Cost? Do you have any problem with them running down your battery?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The reason I ask, I have a set pf PIAA 1100x (55w) that I had on my old bike (Yamaha YZF 600). If I ran the lights at low rpm, less than 4000, most of the time my bike wouldn't start after a stop. I've been hesitate about installing them on my V.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alternator vs. lights

Versys at 4000 rpm 14V = 336 watts total.
Bike uses about 130 watts to run (Including low-beam).
2x 55W added lights are OK, but with base 130W + high beam 55W + (2x 55w) driving lights 110w + 100W heated Jacket + 20W heated grips the total (>400w) is over the alternator output. I would turn off the high beams with the laser cannons on. I would at least turn off the Jacket liner, grips and laser cannons a few minutes before landing to give the battery a chance to charge-up some.

I installed HID 35W for the low beams, so I am saving 20W that way with the 35W HIDs still brighter than the standard 55W bulb.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the info - that's a cool little website. I like how your bike is coming along. I;ve had mine about 8 months and am only getting around to farkling.

Thanks. Les, Dallas.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have SW MOTECH crash bars ordered. What is the bar diameter of crash bar so can order correct highway pegs. How comfortable are they ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
How do you like the HB Bars? Will they protect the engine in a lay down? I was thinking about doing the same thing for some highway pegs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have SW MOTECH crash bars ordered. What is the bar diameter of crash bar so can order correct highway pegs. How comfortable are they ?
I have the SWMotech bars and the top bar is 1" and the rest is 7/8". When you install your bars leave everything loose until fully assembled. The long bolt may be a little short that goes through the swingarm area so I had to cut the spacer down by a 1/4" to get the nut on and so did several other folks. I don't know if you got a newer kit that may be fixed.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was hoping to install on lower aspect of crashbar which you discribe as 7/8". I spoke with twisted throttle to confirm diameter of bars and they state everything is 1" or 26.9mm.They call out 1 1/8" assembly. It will be interesting to see how it really plays out. I hope they are correct. I will keep all posted. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Those hand guards look pretty slick! I do alot of early morning riding when its 45 degrees out, and could use a wind break for my hands. Where did you get the hand guards?

Dave

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Handguards

The Hanguards are KTM Handguards. I found some discount phone order KTM shop on the internet.

They gave a discount if I had the part# 6000207910030.

The added skirts I had to make myself.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts