Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about Versys retail price. Here are the details:
- 17000 miles
- repainted flat black, but not crashed, the owner just hated the green.
- Kawasaki side bags-
- Lowering kit
- Leo Vince pipe
- Givi shield
- hand guards
- Kawasaki Gel seat and the stock seat

I will repaint the bike. I know the prior owner and it has been well maintained and has not been down. The transmission seemed to have long throws and andseemed kind of clunky, however this may just be "different" from what I am used to. I rode the bike today for about 30 miles and did not spot any problems.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The transmission seemed to have long throws and andseemed kind of clunky, however this may just be "different" from what I am used to. I rode the bike today for about 30 miles and did not spot any problems.
Cant help with price (I am in Canada) but synthetic oil may help with the clunky change.

I couldn't believe the difference the change made.

:goodluck: with the hunt.

·
Registered
352 Posts
With the accessories it's not a bad price. Don't sweat the mileage if well cared for. $4k would be better and reasonable. Good luck

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You'll adjust to the tranny. Try putting a little pressure on the shifter before clutching it, it'll shift smooth.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Between the miles and the paint I would have a hard time paying more than $3,500 for it. Too many options out there to pay much more.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I agree. With that many miles, I wouldn't pay above $4k personally. The extras sound nice, buts lots of these bikes are to be had with similar extras. There are lots of fish in the sea.

Is the paint job professional or rattle can? This should be a huge factor too, and consider if you have it repainted what it's going to cost you. That might make your offer a lot closer to $3k right there.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I must be completely missing something. How are we supposed to comment on pricing if there's no price in the original post?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must be completely missing something. How are we supposed to comment on pricing if there's no price in the original post?
Good question, I forgot that little tidbit:eek:. The shop was asking $4700. I thought this was a bit high.

The flat black paint was professionally done. The mods were nice but not enough to compensate for the paint and high price

With left over 2009s going for $5500 I will not be going for this one.

:thanx:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts