Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 1/2 year old wants to get on her bike! I have seen that you can buy training wheels for them but can't see why I can build a set. Does anyone have a picture or and idea of a simple set of training wheels? I'm just wondering where to attach to the bike? Either infront of the foot pegs using the two front bolts holding the stock pegs on or clamp it to the rear suspension. The only thing that worries me about attaching to the suspension is when she falls off (It's going to happen:() then she could get run over by them. Any help would be great.

She see's me out on the V and always wants to go for a ride! I keep telling her when she 14 she can get her learners and the bike will be hers. I'm hopeing in 12 years that the Versys will still be a bike that she will think is cool and in style. I'm thinking it will still be!:)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a set I got for my son when he was 2 1/2 and started riding his KDX50 (he rides a KLX110 now). I'll snap some pics, just note, DO NOT make the ones that connect to the rear wheel like a bicycle, they are not stable, make the type that connect under the belly of the bike to the foot pegs. We would beat the snot out of that bike and never tipped it.

Baiscally it is a bent bar that has a set of brackets in the middle, the brackets connect to the foot pegs via longer bolts and then on the end are a set of wheels. You can get them all made for your bike for less than $100 on ebay, may be worth just buying some that you know are tried and true rather than risking making something you are unsure of?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts