Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It looks like a computer keyboard.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist... :eek:

I don’t recognize it but I haven’t had that much of the bike apart yet...

BTW, picturing it on the keyboard was a clever way to put its size in perspective :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
Its a spacer for after market product. Keep it , might come handy one day. Don't thinks its original Kawa part.

:cheers:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like a computer keyboard.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist...

I don’t recognize it but I haven’t had that much of the bike apart yet...

BTW, picturing it on the keyboard was a clever way to put its size in perspective
Thanks, i didn't have any change laying around.

Givi side rack spacer?
Not givi, i just installed a set and the spacer was completely different, maybe a sw motech?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a spacer for after market product. Keep it , might come handy one day. Don't thinks its original Kawa part.

:cheers:
I don't throw anything metal away, You never know what you will half to rig up.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Look's more like the OEM (Kawi) spacer for the grab bar that you probably remove while putting the OEM Kawi/GIVI rack

Try fitting it in the hole on the "plastic" grab bar you have remove
It should fit in
It was flush mounted inside the top of the grab bar AND inserted in the frame of the bike

Let me know if I'm way off !

LOP

·
Registered
575 Posts
Look's more like the OEM (Kawi) spacer for the grab bar that you probably remove while putting the OEM Kawi/GIVI rack

It should fit in
It was flush mounted inside the top of the grab bar AND inserted in the frame of the bike

LOP
Bingo. :clap:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

It should fit in

LOP
I did remove the grab handles to install the bags, but found the part before i had removed them. Maybe the previous owner didn't put them back in when he added something.

Ok found it on ron ayers:

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/3/Make/Kawasaki/YearID/49/Year/2008/ModelID/8035/Model/Versys/GroupID/382071/Group/Seat_Cover

It is the part that goes through the grab handle, thanks guys i'll replace it tonight when i put my tank pad on.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
If your are installing the OEM/Kawi/Givi rack for the side hard case (V35 for instance), you won't need THIS spacer but the one that came with the kit

If your are installing, simply the GIVI rack, I can't help you their

LOP

PS DaveC informed me (while ago) that their was a distinction between the OEM/GIVI/Kawi rack VS the GIVI rack, both for the same hard case. Hope it's not too confusing

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The givi plx rack i installed comes no where near the grab handle, except for a brakcet that points up towards it and on the instructions it says that you use that bracket with the trunk kit.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The Kawasaki OEM racks for the V35 have the grab rails integrated into them, so they replace the original grab rails, and use a longer spacer.

The PLX447 racks require an adapter kit (076-plx447k) that fits on top of the original grab rails and come with a longer bolt. They use the original spacer since you don't have to remove the original grab rails. If you buy the top rack (FZ447), it also comes with the adapter and longer bolt included. The adapter kit is only required if you use the Givi side rails by themselves.

Dave C

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Kawasaki OEM racks for the V35 have the grab rails integrated into them, so they replace the original grab rails, and use a longer spacer.

The PLX447 racks require an adapter kit (076-plx447k) that fits on top of the original grab rails and come with a longer bolt. They use the original spacer since you don't have to remove the original grab rails. If you buy the top rack (FZ447), it also comes with the adapter and longer bolt included. The adapter kit is only required if you use the Givi side rails by themselves.

Dave C
Ok so i took the grab handles off last night and the spacer was too tall and the grab handle was loose so i suspect that the spacer i have is from a givi kit. So i'm going to order the factory spacers.

My givi kit doesn't have the bracket your talkign about, but it does have a place on the rack where a bracket could attach near the grab handle, is this something i need to pick up? Bags seem plenty sturdy without it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok just got done doing some checking. I paid for the parts whitch is called the plx447kit they are suposed to go under the rear of the grab handle. I didn't recieve those parts so i'm waiting on SportTour to open. I'm sure they will fix the messup.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok talked to a person at SportTour that was very helpfull and told me that when my order was procesed someone forgot to specificaly ship that kit. So its on its way and i'm a happy camper. BTW i have been totaly impressed with the way SportTour handles business and there customers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts