Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having done 15,000 kms I changed the rear to Hidenau K60 Scout, 150/70. Please advice on following choices for the front -
Hidenau K60 120/90 ?
Hidenau K60 130/80 ? (which is actuall a rear tire)
I have read almost all threads on tire discussions I am still undecided !! Another choice is to maybe go in for the Hidenau K73 120/70 but I have zero information about their performance in an off road scenario and since they are supermoto tires i am told that they wear out faster ...
PLEASE ADVISE ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes that is understood. my main concern is how would a rear tire mounted on the front, impact the handling, stability and ride quality of the bike ?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Guys have been running rear specific tires in the front for quite some time with no adverse handling. MY recommendation is the TKC-80 all the way. In the 120 OR 130 size. You will have to raise the fender for the 130 though.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have made the same mistakes.

I have the k60 rear. I do not recommend the k60. Longevity sounds good but you obviously want some grip, likely for trail, mud and such and you will be terribly disappointed by the continuous strip on the rear. Skids like crazy, no grip. I think it only felt useful in the sand because it can sink in and the sides can finally work.

I have the k73 in front. It's ok in packed dirt but essentially no better than a road tire in more demanding situation. Furthermore, the continuous gap in the center acts insane on steel bridges (the grid falls in and jerks the handlebar all over when gripping its way out) and line-scarified pavement/concrete. I will definitely NOT put one again.

My next pair will likely be a shinko 705 (or tkc80 for plan B) (120/70 regular) in front, and a metzeller karoo 3 (or shinko 805 for plan B) (150/70) in the back.
All 4 have fit without mods. Absolutely NOT a tkc80 in the back; I need to get to the next gas station before the tire is worn...

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,168 Posts
Having done 15,000 kms I changed the rear to Hidenau K60 Scout, 150/70. Please advice on following choices for the front -
Hidenau K60 120/90 ?
Hidenau K60 130/80 ? (which is actuall a rear tire)
I would NOT recommend the K60 on the front, WHATEVER the size, but I DO recommend either the Metzler Tourance 130/80 (rear) or Shinko E705 130/80 (rear) on the front (as long as you raise the front fender...) as I've used BOTH for MANY miles....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts