Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help on Givi turn signal relocation install......pics added

Got the Givi PL447 sidecarriers today, went on real easy. Now for the turn signals---bracket moves the lights up high and now there is not enough wire to reach the connectors. Tried reversing sides since one is longer, but didn't help.
Am I supposed to cut and splice this connection? Not a mention of this in the instructions. Female sides of the turn signal connectors are only about 2 inches out of the taped wrapped harness so not much play there. I don't have a problem splicing if this is what I have to do.
Some help would be great!
Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plastic tag holder?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Your brackets are different from mine and the turn signals look diff. also?
I just went back out to the shed and was able to reverse the signals and had enough wire to hook them up that way. Now to seal the drain hole on the turn signals and I'll be all set.
I went ahead and mounted mine up high, each side of brake light, instead of lower. I just think up high they would be seen easier from behind.
Too dark for pics, will try to add this weekend. Went with E21 bags due to width restrictions of my gate opening.

Thanks for the quick response and pics thumper!!!! :thumb: :clap:

·
Registered
643 Posts
I had same thing with my Givi regular rack. I routed the wires between the plastic pieces of the tail. I did not have to swap sides. I can throw a pic up when I get home if you like. I had to spread the plastic pieces to get the plugs through, but there is enough gap for the wire itself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello.

You could also get rear flashes from a Kawasaki Ninja 650 or ER-6n, they are about. 3 cm shorter, so then you may not need to move them ! .... :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello.

You could also get rear flashes from a Kawasaki Ninja 650 or ER-6n, they are about. 3 cm shorter, so then you may not need to move them ! .... :yeahsmile:
Not on this side of the pond.....they use the same signals for all three bikes over here.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Search is your friend.

Here's one of several previous threads on the topic:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9810

This one includes highlights such as photos of the relocated signals in both the upper and lower positions as well as E-nigma's very clean-looking modification that avoids the need to relocate the signals at all.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hers some pics,

·
Registered
31 Posts
I found some turn signal relocate kit on ebay 19.00 free shipping. Hand to have them. It moves the blinkers back, down and close to the tag light. Works great with my soft bags easy install.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello.

Sorry just surfing and deciding on where to get the Versys for a commuter and short travel tourer. What bags do you have on the side and rack? I love the geometry! And they look like they utilize a lot of space. Thanks!

Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts