Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking to see if anyone can help me locate a part that I can't find for the life of me and my bike is currently in storage.
So, right before putting away my versys for winter I made a rookie move and dropped it in the driveway. Nothing major but theres a crack in the plastic. Its right by the left blinker and I'm not sure if I got the correct model number when I looked last. I have a Black 2017 Versys LT

·
Registered
842 Posts
Pretty much any of the on line suppliers or your local dealer will be able to send/order the part.

What I and some others have successfully done to help prevent that is to remove the metal shoe that helps hold the turn signal stalk in place. It has/will stay in place just using just the rubber, so far over 50k miles and somewhere over a ton on the speedo.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Cowling, side ,LH,M.S.

Hey guys, looking to see if anyone can help me locate a part that I can't find for the life of me and my bike is currently in storage.
So, right before putting away my versys for winter I made a rookie move and dropped it in the driveway. Nothing major but theres a crack in the plastic. Its right by the left blinker and I'm not sure if I got the correct model number when I looked last. I have a Black 2017 Versys LT
Funny, I did the same on my 2015, I removed the metal from the turn signals, used JB Weld clear weld epoxy for plastic, put some fiberglass cloth in behind, 2 years later the new plastic is still in the box.As to rookie mistake, I have been riding over 40 years, a bad phone call, a bit of distraction, making a wrong turn then doing a sharp U turn in second gear, more distraction and then stalling, yes down you go. My part number for the 15 is 55028-0515-660 , according to partzilla it fits to 2019. Something less than $200.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/kawasaki/55028-0515-660

·
Registered
634 Posts
Funny, I did the same on my 2015, I removed the metal from the turn signals, used JB Weld clear weld epoxy for plastic, put some fiberglass cloth in behind,
I had a couple of standing drops as well when I first got the bike. Tall bike (now lowered) and with a full tank not that hard to be surprised. So I did the same this winter,took out the metal clip holding the turn signals in place,liquid epoxy over mesh behind the cracked part, fine sanded the outside cracks a bit,masked the area I didnt want to paint and sprayed with a flat black rattle can. Cant tell the difference now.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pretty much any of the on line suppliers or your local dealer will be able to send/order the part.

What I and some others have successfully done to help prevent that is to remove the metal shoe that helps hold the turn signal stalk in place. It has/will stay in place just using just the rubber, so far over 50k miles and somewhere over a ton on the speedo.
Dropped my bike a couple of months ago and cracked the fairing in the exact same spot as the OP. I was surprised it happened as I’ve dropped other bikes before and all that happened was that the turn signal stalk, made of rubber, just pushed through the other side without any damage.

I’ll be doing the mod you mentioned. Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I had to replace my right side cowling. I was able to repair my cracked left side cowl.

Here is the page to select your side and color.

Partzilla usually has the best prices on the web. Find your specific part and print the info, part number and price and check with your local dealership. Many will price match internet parts prices. My local shop does and it has save me quite a bit of green stuff over the years.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motorcycle/2015/versys-650-abs-kle650fff/cowling

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
1) Use thin super glue to fix the crack. Not stuff you buy in the grocery store or Home Depot. Go to a hobby store or luthier supply store and get water thin CY glue. StewMac.com sells it. Carefully wick a little bit into the crack and let it completely cure. The repair will be slightly visible from close up, but unless you keep your motorcycle in pristine condition nobody will ever notice it.

2) Replace the front turn signals with micro sized LED units. R&G Racing makes some nice ones, and they sell an adapter plate to make the installation easy. The base of the Kawi factory signals is a non-standard geometry, so you either need to buy or manufacture an adapter. You'll also need a cheap electrical load converter so that the flash rate stays the same. It is plug-play. Plug into the existing connector, then plug the new LED signal into it.

I found these items somewhere in the USA, though here is their UK website.

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Kawasaki/Versys_650/2011/RG372/

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Kawasaki/Versys_650/2013/RGR0001/

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Kawasaki/Versys_650/2016/FAP0004BK/

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/186-modifications-cosmetic-v-650/102753-added-radiator-guard-front-axle-sliders-r-g-micro-turn-signals.html

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is OP located in the USA?

From the parts fiche on Rocky Mountain ATVMC the part number is 55028-0515-53P and their price is $157, they list the different color options for the part as well.

I recently cracked while reinstalling on the bike (but due to damage from previous garage tip-over) the screw mount for the smaller fairing piece that attaches to this one and have had initial success repairing it with epoxy, wont last forever but will use RMATV to replace it when time comes. Their prices on OEM parts and tires seem to be rock bottom of what I can find on the web.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Is OP located in the USA?

From the parts fiche on Rocky Mountain ATVMC the part number is 55028-0515-53P and their price is $157, they list the different color options for the part as well.

I recently cracked while reinstalling on the bike (but due to damage from previous garage tip-over) the screw mount for the smaller fairing piece that attaches to this one and have had initial success repairing it with epoxy, wont last forever but will use RMATV to replace it when time comes. Their prices on OEM parts and tires seem to be rock bottom of what I can find on the web.
All my searches show that number being Orange

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry to say I did the same thing. I pushed the plastic fairing back into place and so it stays to this day. Crack in back of the turn signal has stayed the same for 2 years. Can't see it at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts