Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a small spill on my 2013 last Sunday. The front end hit the guardrail and put a slit in my front tire and took a small chunk out of the wheel. I was fine, not a scratch on me and barely another mark on the bike. I rode it two hours home after the incident. The front end of the bike had quite a shake to it after the crash. My thought was that the wheel was knocked out of balance. I put Ã* brand new front tire on it, installed and balanced by a professional shop. Put the wheel back on tonight and took it for a test ride. The shaking is a little better but still very much happening. What else should I check? What could be causing this? Thanks

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Yeah, you just need to replace your damaged front wheel, which should've been done when replacing the tire... It'll be fine with a good replacement wheel though. It's not too late.

·
Premium Member
7,877 Posts
A few items you may need to check and re-confirm:-
1. Front fork.
2. Rim.
3. Front Brake rotor center.

There might be some small damage in the front, which is why you are getting the shaking and on the balancing, try another professional shop to get a second opinion.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Here a few picks of the wheel with the new tire on it.
First thing is run out should be checked, quite possible the rim is no longer true and the tire is following that. You should have taken the wheel to a rim repair shop and had it checked out. You can do this if you have a triple tree stand , I had a truing stand for when my son and I did mountain biking, very easy to get the rim out of true by hitting a rock, most times we were able to bring both lateral and radial back in true. This has more to do with spoked wheels but what you have is probably related.
https://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Wheel_Truing_How-To_3503.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone bought a wheel off ebay from china? I worry about the quality.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Invader. That looks like a good find. I have contacted the seller to see if it is an original Kawasaki wheel and what bike it came from. I appreciate the help.

Ride Safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts