Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all versys riders. i need some help on finding a rear tire huger for my versys. I saw some of em on ebay.com but for some reason i dont really like em. they are too short. i want something that really looks like a tire huger. has any of you found different once on some other websites?
Thank you so much.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I am right pleased with my Skidmarx hugger. It is a medium sized hugger, not too big, blends in nicely, and does and excellent job protecting the important bits. Pyramid makes a bigger hugger, which might give you slightly more protection, but IMHO it looks a little gangly. Oh, the Skidmarx hugger also fit perfectly, and drops down below the swing arm in front so you dont get crud build up between the mating surface of the hugger and the swingarm. I kinda liked that as well.

Got it here... http://www.streetfightersbydesign.com/streetweb/sfhome_page/streetfighterhome.htm David Cork. Good guy to deal with.

·
Registered
88 Posts
hugger

You might like this one that I bought from TWINSHACK....u can fibreglass or carbon fibre.....they fit real nice and look good...paint them yourself...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I looked about for a while before ordering a hugger and
I have ordered this one from pyramid plastics

http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1955

its longer and continues further down towards the floor, I didnt like have the one above as it joins to the frame..

Personnel choice but I prefered the pyramid one

you can get them from
http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products?bk=8011614&bf=1&gf=0

Comes in black but im going to spray it candy plasma blue,,,

Sorry if i keep quoting uk websites, I know most of the forum users are not from the uk, but there must be a few..

plus they maybe cheaper here and shipping to the states, Canada is no problem
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow. You guys are awesome. thank you so much. i am gonna look through the websites and decide which one would be the lucky. thank you again.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Two unflattering shots of my skidmarx

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
With the tail bobbed...

Unflattering again, but I think the look works :~))

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
I looked about for a while before ordering a hugger and
I have ordered this one from pyramid plastics...
I thought the Pyramid was supposed to be difficult to fit, required modification. most of he people I've spoken to or heard from reccommend the Ermax hugger. That may be because the Ermax can come colour matched I suppose

did you have any difficulty in fitting the Pyramid hugger?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Pyramid Hugger

Here is mine. The only modifications needed were to clean up the holes by the chain guard.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I also bought the Pyramid model. I've only been able to test it for a couple hundred miles before having to put the bike away for winter. I still seem to get mud/dirt up under the tail for some reason - more testing is needed to verify this. But, most annoying is the tapping sound on some bumps. Where the plastic touches the swingarm is mostly like the culprit. I'm going to put some rubber stick on bumbers like for cupboard doors to fix the problem. Installation was simple - three screws, that's it. Looks good though

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
I too bought a Skidmarx, I have Shorty's lowering kit, I was really impressed with the fit, plus it came in black!I like the fact that it uses the brake line bracket hole to support the hugger with the included hardware. I ended up drilling a slot on the chain guard side at the front, then used a 100 lb. black tywrap to anchor the front corner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts