Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to change plugs for the first time on my 2008 and there seems to be something holding the airbox down--I removed 6 1" Phillips head screws but can't pull the box.

Could it be the wiring harness that's on the upper left of the attached photo preventing the box to be pulled ?

http://imgur.com/8bVYpiT

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I got it out; did plugs and airbox!

JW-- I'm putting it back together and I found these two unfastened rubber bushings (between the frame and wiring harness).

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

They had fallen out and I put them back. Are they in the right place? What is the function of these I imagine they are some kind of tank damper?

·
Premium Member
9,061 Posts
Fuel Tank Front Rubber Mount

Thanks I got it out; did plugs and airbox!

JW-- I'm putting it back together and I found these two unfastened rubber bushings (between the frame and wiring harness).

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

They had fallen out and I put them back. Are they in the right place? What is the function of these I imagine they are some kind of tank damper?
I see the pins where they are suppose to go in that photo, but in the photo they are laying on the frame, not where they belong. Look at center of my 2015, you will see the left rubber mount.The weld is almost jumping out of the picture. Far left is my distribution for electrical.

FYI if you don't put them in the correct place your tank will flop around, also you need to slide your tank forward into these bushings. They shouldn't have fallen out unless you used a overhead crane to lift your tank off, in other words, it needs to be slid back about 2 to 3 inches and slipped forward to install.The tank needs to be forward on these bushings before you connect the fuel line.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh cool, thank you @onewizard. Very appreciated. Packed up and I'm going to continue in the morning. Probably should have started earlier in the day to have better light. Regardless, Happy Turkey Day US friends and a Happy regular ol' Thursday to all!

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Airbox is removed after loosening only 2 screws on the TB flange clamps, accessed from right side underneath... No need to remove any screws on top of airbox.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts