Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
over 9000 and its time to consider a change from the stock tyres.
Looking for better wet and cold grip with confidence to fool around.

Thinking of

Bridgstone
Avon
Conti
Mitchelin

any suggestions??????????

·
Registered
254 Posts
Continental "Conti Go!" touring tires worked really well on my Seca. Oh, and it's t-i-r-e-s, and color doesn't have a u in it.
Yes, tIres in the US. Though the OP is from the UK where it's spelled tYres. ;)

I just bought a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's. The initial 50-100 miles were a bit interesting, but now that I have 200 on them and they've finally broken in a bit, I'm really liking them.

EDIT: Just realized I may have corrected a joke. My bad if so... :eek:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I just mounted a set of the Avon Distanza's. 90% on road 10% off road. The really stick. Much better than the original Bridgestones but the were not bad either. here's a link. They don't seem to get excessive mileage but I'm OK with 5K when I know that I have good "sticky".

·
Registered
521 Posts
I am running Bridgestone BT-023's and I really like them. They are much better than the Shinko 009 Ravens I had on before, which were much better than the stockers.
The 'Stones are very confidence inspiring in every situation I have had them in, and they seem to be holding up real well too. :thumb:

·
Registered
944 Posts
As Rocky-moto pointed out, even the Shinko Raven performed better than the OEM (Dunlop). Hard to go wrong with the choices mentioned here, but if performance in the wet & cold is preeminent the Michelin Pilot Road 3 just topped a test in your "Bike" magazine... or is that "Byke"?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you're looking for sportier performance, I've put Mich Pilot Power 2 CTs on and they are great cornering tire. I've only got about 500 miles on them so can't testify to long term wear but the idea of the tire is harder rubber in the center of the tire for longer wear than the standard Power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts