Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm 190lb and a street only rider who rides mostly without the extra weight of luggage. Recently I tried setting my suspension to min preload and damping and found it eliminated most of the harshness of the OEM settings (see manual). So I now know my ideal setting is somewhere between stock and min.

Just wondering what over people have sent their suspension to.

·
Registered
875 Posts
So you set your suspension to min pre-load and damping and found it eliminated most of the harshness.
If the bike is new, the suspension will soften with use.
Since your on the least pre-load now, increasing pre-load will also increase the harshness.
Here's a VDO of Suspension Set-up
Some people on this forum have upgraded the shock/spring or just the spring. I have bought a Hyperpro Progressive rear Spring and it will be installed this Friday. I will be adding my ride impressions to a previous thread that has that as a subject after riding sufficiently to form an opinion.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14957
Give us an update on your results later will you?

I'm 190lb and a street only rider who rides mostly without the extra weight of luggage. Recently I tried setting my suspension to min preload and damping and found it eliminated most of the harshness of the OEM settings (see manual). So I now know my ideal setting is somewhere between stock and min.
Just wondering what over people have sent their suspension to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts