Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My very generous in-laws gave me a $300 Amazon gift card recently and I have no idea what to do with it. I thought I could get something for my gen 3 650 but don't know quite what to pick out as I've looked and nothing has really jumped out at me. Currently I've added a Sargent Seat, over the clocks gps mount and gps, heated grips, (as mentioned by fasteddie) 12 volt plug, ECU flash (as mentioned by Buffalo), fender extender, tail bag and a Sound Bomb horn. If anyone has ideas or suggestions please share and include a URL/link if you don't mind.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My very generous in-laws gave me a $300 Amazon gift card recently and I have no idea what to do with it. I thought I could get something for my gen 3 650 but don't know quite what to pick out as I've looked and nothing has really jumped out at me. Currently I've added a Sargent Seat, over the clocks gps mount and gps, 12 volt plug, fender extender, tail bag and a Sound Bomb horn. If anyone has ideas or suggestions please share and include a URL/link if you don't mind.
Have you done the Shoodaben ECU flash yet? It's a must for Gen 3!

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home/versys-650-ecu-flash

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
You could sell it to me for $200.00....:teetertooter::teetertooter::teetertooter:

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
You could get yourself some new riding gear. If you know your size in a particular brand Amazon sometimes has good prices, and these days things will ship quickly as most bike stuff is fully 3rd party shipping and handling (Amazon is delaying any 'non essential' item shipping for things they stock and process)

I have bought Alpinestars boots off Amazon for less than Revzilla prices, and am looking at some gloves right now. Happy shopping!

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amazon is where i got mine...
I didn't see heated grips on your list - suggest the KOSO Apollo ones!

:thumb: - :thumb:
Aaarg. I forgot about them. Yes I have heated grips and as a matter of fact they are the KOSO Apollo. Love em. Good suggestion though if I didn't have them.

I think that's all what I've added already/

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could get yourself some new riding gear. If you know your size in a particular brand Amazon sometimes has good prices, and these days things will ship quickly as most bike stuff is fully 3rd party shipping and handling (Amazon is delaying any 'non essential' item shipping for things they stock and process)

I have bought Alpinestars boots off Amazon for less than Revzilla prices, and am looking at some gloves right now. Happy shopping!
Decent idea. I'm pretty good with most my gear. I would like a new pair of spring/fall gloves, a longer cuff/gauntlet (but not too long) or maybe a new pair of riding jeans. I'll take a look.

·
Administrator
8,847 Posts
Gave Up '/ Amazon is turning into AliExpress

Denali Lights, Admore mini light bar, Gear brake module, Barkbuster hand guards and signal / running light kit, SafeGo led headlight --nada nada nada

·
Registered
98 Posts
Centerstand - I installed the Constands centerstand from Germany. Cost about $170 all in, including shipping.

Engine bars/guards - my 650 was totaled before I could fit them. Sorry, can’t remember the make / type, but there’s a crap tonne available 😄.

Radiator guard - crap tonne of choices

New screen - I just added a wind deflector to the OEM shield. Cheap and fairly effective mod.

Probably all but the engine bars/guards could be purchased on Amazon for around $300 +/-.

Happy shopping,
Dave

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Denali Lights, Admore mini light bar, Gear brake module, Barkbuster hand guards and signal / running light kit, SafeGo led headlight --nada nada nada
I'm fine with the stock hand guards, I don't ride off road or on trails and for me they serve simply as a wind block in cooler temps. A light bar isn't a bad idea. I'll put that on the maybe list.

Centerstand - I installed the Constands centerstand from Germany. Cost about $170 all in, including shipping.
Engine bars/guards - my 650 was totaled before I could fit them. Sorry, can’t remember the make / type, but there’s a crap tonne available 😄.

Radiator guard - crap tonne of choices

New screen - I just added a wind deflector to the OEM shield. Cheap and fairly effective mod.

Probably all but the engine bars/guards could be purchased on Amazon for around $300 +/-.

Happy shopping,
Dave
Yes! If I can find a centerstand on Amazon that would make me really happy. I hate the fact that the 650 doesn't have one. I'll do a search.

I don't have any bars/guards, never really had them on any of my bikes. Also on the maybe list.

Probably no to the radiator guard.

I wouldn't mind replacing the stock windscreen, I had forgotten about that one. I'll see what they have.

How old is your helmet? A lot of updates in helmet technology in the past couple years.

Sena Headset so you can have music in your helmet while you ride, have GPS directions in your helmet, and maybe answer the phone?
Just got a new helmet and Cardo PackTalk Slim last year. Although, one can never have too many helmets!

Good bunch of suggestions. Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've got it narrowed down to three things.

An SW Motech Centestand
https://www.amazon.com/Motech-08-518-10002-Sturdy-Kawasaki-Versys/dp/B07G5LPN88/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=kawasaki+versys+650+center+stand&qid=1587738354&sr=8-1

A Vstream Sport Touring Windscreen
https://www.amazon.com/RPM-National-VStream-Windshield-Kawasaki/dp/B086YK7TLC/ref=sr_1_136?dchild=1&keywords=kawasaki+versys+650+windscreen&qid=1587738428&sr=8-136&swrs=0BC6A60C4FDEEE3C0A9AE4AD5322BB62

Or, for my other bike, a Honda Interceptor, a Sargent Seat... not on Amazon. Am negotiating with wife if she wants the card and I just buy from Sargent direct.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Got some good stuff here to choose from.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Tires. I usually get them at Rocky Mountain ATV but Amazon does sell them at a reasonable price.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts