Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just aquired a 2010 Versys with a Leo Vince and it's TOO loud . Dose any one happen to have the little silencer "quiet" insert laying around that they don't need ??? :grinangel:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Swap ya a stock exhaust for it..:D:D:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'll also swap you a stock exhaust for it!

The sbk isn't very loud, but I know when I put my Vance and Hines on mine I ran thru town at about 800 rpms because I thought it was soooo loud, now I don't even think about it and almost wish it was a little louder... Wouldn't mind trying new exhausts though ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
333 Posts
Decatur? You're less than three hours away from me!

Anyway, you might be able to call up LV and see if they can send you a silencer. Tried some Googling, but I couldn't find anyone selling just the dB killer by itself.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decatur? You're less than three hours away from me!

Anyway, you might be able to call up LV and see if they can send you a silencer. Tried some Googling, but I couldn't find anyone selling just the dB killer by itself.
Thanx , yeh ,that's my next step. I think the pipe comes with it and I just thought someone may have one collecting dust .

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2010 Versys came with an Leo Vince SBK. I used to ride a VStrom 650 before. Versys is a lot louder and vibier. Is it because of the exhaust? OK, I get the louder part, but does the exhaust also increase vibration? And what about mileage? Common sense says since there is less resistance on the way out, the mileage should increase, right?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know where these guys are getting vibrations ...Mine is fine ...it IS a twin. Mileage and performance are better plus the weight lose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts