Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday was like any other day off from work except for a drive over to Fort Lauderdale to check out a bike for a friend from Colorado who is looking to purchase a motorcycle here, fly in,and ride it back to Colorado Springs.
KABOOM!
There she sits....a 1999 Yamaha V-max in matte black and Dale Walker "Hole shot" exhausts. A veritable "presence" in sinister black garb. An exhaust note to shiver the spine and make small children weep. Suddenly I feel like the jealous boyfriend glomming on my best friends girl (VERY BAD)
A reasonable purchase price could not be met so I called aforementioned friend in the Rockies to tell him the news. On the long drive back to the Gulf coast I had unclean thoughts of having this dark lady for my very own; powerful, sleek and just plain bad ass. I can't get her outta my mind. Is their a 12 step program? some sort of exorcism? I've owned dozens of bikes in my young 50 year life span and I've never been smitten like this before in recent memory....all advice/counseling greatly appreciated and thank you...sniff, sniff .....sigh

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Why have regrets. Your friend is out because of his price limit. If you are willing to pay the price Go For It.. And theres nothing wrong with riding the Ex-girlfriend or Almost Girlfriend of your buddy.:guilty: :devil:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Everything the Versys isn't: Over-powered, Ill-handling, Impractical, and Bad-ass.
Sounds like a mid-life crisis to me dude.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wait, wait, wait. I can help here.

1. You buy the bike.
2. You tell your buddy that you'll sell to him for his price once you have your affair for a little while.

Think of it as a guaranteed trade in for you, and kind of a "lease". At least that's what I'd tell my wife!!:guilty::guilty:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So much advice!!!!! Thanks gents! I'm still on the fence. I'm thinking my Buell and my Speed Triple satiated my "mid life crisis" ....guess not. Agreed the Versys is an awesome bike. I'm pretty much settled back in Florida now so an excellent handling nimble curve carver is not mandatory. The seat height on the V-max is a lot lower. What's left of my lower back loves that part. I've been admiring the Yamaha from a distance for many years...Not pressed to make a snap decision...time will tell..thanks again for an awesome moto club!!!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
The First Step is admitting your powerless and your life is unmanageable.
Or less manageable because of X,Y or Z

The paradox is
If you can say no to the bike , you can buy it!
And if can't say no to the bike, you should not buy it!

Life
berry interesting!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts